What is a Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)?
What Causes Sinus Infections?
Sinus Infection Symptoms
- Stuffy nose and nasal discharge
- Bad breath
- Pain that is worse when sitting up than when lying down
- Tenderness, redness, or swelling in the cheekbones
- Persistent sinus toothache
- Pain that seems worse when you have a cold or allergic reaction
Sinus Infection Side Effects
- Use a fluoride toothpaste and mouth rinse daily.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to breathe through your nose as much as possible.
Sinus Infection Tooth Pain
- Tooth Damage: A fractured or decayed tooth near the sinus cavity has similar symptoms to sinus tooth pain.
- Tooth Grinding: Tooth grinding (bruxism) can cause pain similar to sinus tooth pain.
- Gum Disease: The early stages of gum disease can also cause pain similar to sinus tooth pain.